Do you have a stockpile of Christmas cards you don’t know what to do with? Would you like to use your cardmaking to Bless someone? Join my Cards for Troops ministry by donating your beautiful Christmas Cards. Not a card maker? You can still help by sending cards you purchase or by donating postage or your time.
I’m collecting Christmas Cards to use for the need in November and December. There are two main initiatives we address with Christmas Cards for Troops. The first is deployed service members and the second is Navy Bootcamp where the need is 8000! Thankfully we are not the only group sending! My goal is 1000 Cards by November 30th. Will you help? The greatest need is for MASCULINE cards.
As a Navy Mom, I am able to belong to two private groups where addresses are shared. I am unable to share the addresses with you, but when I receive the addresses I will send your cards on your behalf. Simply send me your stack of cards – signed, sealed, in envelopes (and even stamped if you want) and when I get the addresses for Christmas Cards, your cards will go out!
The only rules are:
- No GLITTER
- No Politics
- Inside the card, write an encouraging message and well wishes. What would you say to someone to make them feel special for having served their country. Be positive, genuine, and uplifting. Many of these cards go to personnel under the age of 30 and the majority are men. Here is a document of sentiments if you’d like to print a message for inside you card, and then sign your name:
- Decorated envelopes are allowed for Cards for Troops.
- In the front lower left corner of your envelope, please indicate CM, CF or CE to let me know if the Christmas card is for Male, Female or Either. The C is important bc I also get Birthday Cards with M,F, E on them and Veterans Day Cards with VDM, VDF, and VDE on them.
- Within your larger envelope, please sort and bundle your stack of cards by Male, Female or Either.
- Effective 10/25/21: If you would like to provide postage for your cards – THANK YOU – please include postage in the larger envelope, but not on the individual cards. I often get requests for cards for groups – i.e. nursing homes, non-profit organizations, bootcamp divisions, etc – and I like to send cards from a variety of crafters so the recipients don’t all get the same cards. This is easier to do if they don’t have postage on them.
Please contact me for address to send to!
Additional Cards for Troops Drives
- Summer Thank you Cards for Veterans. Goal 500 Cards. (VDM, VDF, VDE)
- Fall Christmas Cards for Troops. Goal 1000 Cards (CM, CF, CE)
- Spring Birthday Cards for Troops. Goal 500 Cards (M,F,E)