For this card I really wanted to play some more with the Vellum Butterflies and I knew I wanted to use some yellows because this card is going to celebrate a friend’s graduation from St. Leo University and gold is one of their colors. The new Bumble Bee In-Color is very pretty and the Bumble Bee Gingham Ribbon is adorable. Both are perfect for this card. I’m very pleased with how it came out.
Full list of supplies needed, listed below. You will need a Die Cutting Machine for this project.
Card Base: Whisper White Thick 5 1/2 w” x 8 1/2″ h folded to 4 1/4″ w x 5 1/2″ h
Background: Whisper White 4″ w x 5 1/4″ h Stitched Rectangle
Decorative Layer 1: Bumble Bee Designer Series Paper
Decorative Layer 2: Whisper White die cut with the 3″ w x 4″ h Stitched So Sweetly Rectangle
Sentiment Layer: Whisper White die cut with the 1 1/4″ h x 2 1/2″ w Stitched Rectangle
- Affix all stamps to Acrylic Blocks
- Stamp the Butterflies on the Vellum in So Saffron Ink. Set aside to dry.
- Fold the Card Base in half using a Bone Folder to sharpen the crease
- Emboss the Background Layer with the Subtle 3D Embossing folder and use Snail Adhesive to adhere it to the Card Base.
- Use Snail Adhesive to adhere the Decorative Layer 2 to Decorative Layer 1.
- Tie the Bumble Bee Gingham Ribbon in a bow around the Decorative Layers
- Use Dimensionals to affix the Decorative Layers.
- Stamp the Sentiment in Crushed Curry Ink onto the Sentiment Layer.
- Use Dimensionals to affix the Sentiment Layer.
- Punch the Butterflies out and attach with Mini Glue Dots
- Add Basic Pearls to the butterfly bodies.
- You’re Done!! Who will you send it to? Mine is going to Madison Lynn!! Happy Graduation!