A sweet and simple design with an impactful sentiment. I love the exposed brick embossing folder on the background, but you could use any embossing folder from your stash or simply crumple the cardstock panel and flatten it out before adhering to the background. The photos show the dark layers as black, but they are Blackberry Bliss, which looks fabulous with Fresh Freesia. Let’s see what see what you make with this design. Join us at PaperCrafty Time on Facebook.
Full list of supplies needed, listed below. A die cutting machine is needed for this card.
Card base – Fresh Freesia Cardstock: 5 ½” x 8 ½” scored at 4 ¼”
Blackberry Bliss Cardstock
- 4” x 5 ¼”
- 1 ¼” x 4”
Basic White Cardstock:
- 3 ¾” x 5”
- 1” x 3 ¾”
- Scraps for stamping and die cutting
- Affix all stamps to acrylic blocks.
- Fold and burnish card base using bone folder.
- Add the Blackberry Bliss panel to the card front centering on all sides.
- Use the Exposed Brick Embossing folder to emboss the White panel. Add it to the card front using Tear & Tape making sure to center on all sides.
- Stamp the sentiment onto the strip of White using Blackberry Bliss ink making sure to center it on the strip
- Glue the strip from Step 5 to the strip of Blackberry Bliss. Use dimensionals to add the strip to the card front centering it top to bottom and making sure the sides are even with the Blackberry Bliss panel on the card front.
- Stamp the middle sized flower on the scrap of White using Fresh Freesia ink.
- Stamp the small leaf pattern on the scrap of White using Lemon Lime Twist.
- Use the coordinating dies to cut out the flower and leaf.
- Using dimensionals add a flower with part of the petal tucked under the sentiment on the left hand top of the sentiment making sure the leaves do not extend beyond the card base. Add another flower using dimensionals to the top right hand side of the sentiment with a petal tucked under the strip. Add the last flower to the bottom of the sentiment using dimensionals so it matches the open space at the top of the sentiment strip. See photo above.
- Add a Champagne Adhesive backed sparkle gem to the center of each flower.
- Use the middle size flower and leaf stamp to decorate the inside of the card and envelope.
- Lovely! Now send it to someone special.