I made 12 of these handy boxes filled with Hand Sanitizer as gifts for my customers, financial advisor and the nurses I will see in the coming weeks. What a fun and timely little gift! This box is the perfect size to hold a 2 oz. bottle of Hand Sanitizer. And with finished dimensions of 1″ h x 2 1/4″ w x 4″ d, this box could hold so many other fun treats for your loved ones. Read on for details and you’ll be spreading some joy in no time too.
- Start with an 11” h x 4 1/4” w piece of Cardstock
- Score the Cardstock at:
- 1” on the long sides
- 1”, 5” 6” and 10” on the short sides
- Use a bone folder to crease the scored lines
- Use Scissors to
- On the Lid, remove the two squares on the Short Edge and notch the outer sides.
- Notch both sides of all the remaining squares.
- Cut a half-circle notch out of the Bottom Short Edge. (A Circle Punch would be ideal, but I used an edge of my Heart Punch to do this. A Snowman Builder Punch would work too. )
- If you want to Stamp a Sentiment to the Lid, this is the time to do it.
- Fold the box at the 5″ and 6″ Score Lines to create the Lid and Bottom.
- Fold the Lid Edges at the Score Lines
- For the Bottom, fold up the Long Edges and then fold the Notched Squares of the Bottom from the Short Edges in toward the folded up Long Edges to begin to shape the box.
- Holding the corners of the Bottom, assemble the box, but do not adhere yet.
- Wiggle and nudge the Bottom of the box with the Lid nestled inside until you get good alignment and everything fits. I had to re-crease the short edge of my Lid to get it fit snuggly without being too long.
- Once you have everything fitting, use Stampin’ Seal + to adhere the Notched Square to the Long Edges of the Bottom.
- The coordinating patterned paper on the top is 2″h x 3 3/4″ w.
- That’s it! Now it’s time to decorate it.
Decorate Your Box
For my boxes, I wrapped a piece of coordinating Ribbon around and tied it in a bow to hold the box shut. The bow is near that little thumb notch I made in the Short-Edge of the Bottom so people know how to open it. Next, I used the Stamps from the Simply Citrus Stamp Set. I just love the Sentiments. I put Thank you for Being You on the inside lid (see Step 6 above) and Hello Sunshine on the outside. The tag is made from the Stitched So Sweetly Dies and I added a little coordinating bling using the three-star Stamp. I attached the tag to the top with Stampin’ Dimensionals for a little pop. Then I used the Medium Daisy Punch to make the flower. I Punched it twice with Whisper White and once with Balmy Blue (or So Saffron) from the 2020-2022 Subtles Designer Series Paper and then I trimmed off the petals of the Balmy Blue (or So Saffron) flower leaving me with a pretty light blue center for my Whisper White Stacked flowers. I used a Mini Glue Dot to adhere all three flower layers together and a Stampin’ Dimensional to adhere it to the box.
There are so many fun options with this box with some cardstock, coordinating DSP and a punch, you can cover all kinds of fun themes and seasons. I’m thinking of Christmas and Valentine’s day next. Now I just need to decide on the treats to put in it! Ha. Can’t wait!