Black and pink. A fitting combination for the striking flamingo. I combined the Friendly Flamingo Stamp Set and Dies with the Well Written Dies along with the True Love Designer Series Paper and Meadow Moments Embossing Folder for this pretty card.
Full list of supplies needed, listed below. A die cutting machine is needed for this card.
Card Base: Basic White Thick Cardstock 8 1/2 h” x 5 1/2″ w folded to 4 1/4″ h x 5 1/2″ w.
Background: True Love DSP 4″ h x 5 1/4″ w
Embossed Background: Basic White Cardstock 3″ h x 5″ w
Sentiment Layer: Basic White Cardstock 1 1/4″ h x 5 1/4″ w
Inside Layer: Basic White Cardstock 4″ h x 5 1/4″ w
- Affix all stamps to Acrylic Blocks.
- Fold the Card Base in half using a Bone Folder to sharpen the crease.
- Run the Embossed Background Layer through the Emboss N’ Cut Machine with the Meadow Moments Embossing Folder.
- Attach a piece of Adhesive Sheet to Petal Pink Cardstock and Die Cut the Branch and Bird.
- Attach a piece of Adhesive Sheet to Flirty Flamingo Cardstock and Die Cut Birthday.
- Make the Flamingo
- Stamp the Flamingo on scrap Basic White Cardstock in Tuxedo Black Ink and Die Cut
- Stamp the Flamingo on scrap Basic White Cardstock in Melon Mambo Ink and Die Cut
- Use Stampin Snips to fussy cut the Melon Mambo Flamingo body and attach to the Tuxedo Black Flamingo with Stampin’ Seal.
- Stamp the Happy in Flirty Flamingo ink and use Paper Snips to fussy cut it out.
- Layout all of the pieces to get an idea of where everything will go on the card and mark roughly where to cut the Oval.
- Use the second largest oval in the Stitched Shapes Dies to cut an oval shape out of the Background Layer. Attach the Embossed Background to the back to cover the Oval hole.
- Attach the Background to the card.
- Peel off the adhesive backer and attach the Bird, Branch and Birthday to the card.
- Use Stampin’ Dimensionals to attach the Sentiment Layer, the Body of the Flamingo, and the Happy.
- Tack down the Flamingo legs with Stampin’ Seal, if needed.
- Attach a bow from Blushing Bride 3/8″ Metallic Ribbon with a Mini Glue Dot.
- Decorate the Inside Layer and attach.
- Decorate the envelope.
- Love it! Now put it in the mail.
You will also need adhesive, acrylic blocks, scissors and other basic PaperCrafting items from the Stamper’s Toolkit