The whimsical swirls and cute little hearts from the Snail Mail Designer Series Paper were made for a Valentine’s Card. Paired with a Blushing Bride polka dot piece of DSP from the Subtles DSP Pack and a Vellum Doily and this card came together pretty quickly. I do recommend stamping your sentiment BEFORE embossing the white background piece, but hey it came out all right. LOL.
Full list of supplies needed, listed below. A die cutting machine is needed for this card.
Card Base: Basic White Thick Cardstock 8 1/2 h” x 5 1/2″ w folded to 5 1/2″ h x 4 1/4″ w.
Solid Background: Basic White Cardstock 5 1/4″ h x 4″ w
Patterned Background: Snail Mail DSP 5″ h x 3 3/4″ w
Sentiment Layer: Basic White Cardstock 4″ h x 3″ w
Scalloped Hearts: Real Red Cardstock scraps
Patterned Hearts: Subtles DSP and Snail Mail DSP scraps
- Affix all stamps to Acrylic Blocks.
- Fold the Card Base in half using a Bone Folder to sharpen the crease.
- Attach the Patterned Background to the Solid Background with Stampin’ Seal and then attach to the Card Base with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Stamp the Sentiment on the Sentiment Layer using Tuxedo Black Memento Ink and then run through the Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine with the Subtle Embossing Folder.
- Attach a Square Vellum Doily to the Sentiment Layer and then wrap a double strand of Blushing Bride Twine around the Sentiment Layer and tie a bow.
- Attach the Sentiment using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Punch the two Patterned Hearts and the two Scalloped Hearts and layer using Stampin’ Seal. Attach both layered Hearts using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Use the Real Red Light Stampin Blend to color the Pearls and then add to the card.
- Decorate the Inside Layer and attach.
- Decorate the envelope.
- Adorbs!! Get this one in the mail. Valentine’s Day is coming soon!