I’ve had my eye on the Timeless Tropical Stamp Set and In the Tropics Dies for quite some time. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the old world tropical decor style of rich deep wood, sea grass, rattan, jute and sisal textures with rich green palm leaves and pops of color from tropical flowers. When this stamp set and dies came out a few years ago as a Product Suite, it was all I could do not to buy the whole thing. It was beautiful, but I contained myself! I quite thoroughly enjoyed myself creating with this lovely Stamp Set and Dies.
Full list of supplies needed, listed below. A die cutting machine is needed for this card.
Card Base: Old Olive Cardstock 8 1/2″ h x 5 1/2″ w folded to 4 1/4″ h x 5 1/2″ w
Background: Balmy Blue Cardstock 4″ h x 5 1/4″w
Stamped Background: Basic White Cardstock 3 1/2″ h x 5 1/4″ w
Calypso Coral Strip: Calypso Coral Cardstock 1/4″ h x 5 1/4″ w
Sentiment Layer: Basic White Cardstock with the 1″h x 2 3/8″ Stitched Rectangle Die.
Sentiment Matte: Misty Moonlight Cardstock 1 1/4″ h x 3 1/2″ w
Flowers: Basic White and Calypso Coral Cardstock Scrap
Inside Layer (Optional): Basic White Cardstock 4″ h x 4″ 5 1/4″ w
- Affix all stamps to Acrylic Blocks.
- Fold the Card Base in half using a Bone Folder to sharpen the crease.
- Using Old Olive and Early Espresso Stampin’ Write Markers stamp the Palm Tree images on the 3 1/2″ x 5 1/4″ Basic White Stamped Background layer. And attach to the Balmy Blue Cardstock Background using Stampin’ Seal.
- Use Stampin’ Seal to attach the Calypso Coral Strip.
- Use a Calypso Coral Stampin’ Blend alcohol marker to color the Whisper White Crinkle Seem Binding Ribbon. It will dry quickly. When dry wrap it around the Palm Tree layer and tie a knot.
- Attach the Background Layer to the Card Base using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Use Old Olive and Balmy Blue Stampin’s Write Markers to color the Sentiment and then stamp on the Stitched Rectangle Sentiment Layer.
- Attach the Sentiment Layer to the Misty Moonlight Sentiment Matte with Stampin’ Seal and use Stampin’ Dimensionals to attach to the Card.
- Die cut three Calypso Coral Cardstock flowers.
- Stamp one large flower in Calypso Coral ink and die cut out.
- Use Mini Glue Dots to attach all the flowers and add Gilded Gems to the centers.
- Stamp the Inside Layer to your liking and attach with adhesive of your choice.
- Decorate your envelope.
- Beautiful!!!! Who will you send it to?
You will also need adhesive, acrylic blocks, scissors and other basic PaperCrafting items from the Stamper’s Toolkit