Bringing a little summer to my friends in the north who are enduring winter right now. Dandelions and Dragonflies. You’re welcome! The new Dandy Garden Suite brings us the best of summer with Dragonflies, lady bugs, and a rich color palette of Calypso Coral, Bumblebee, Mossy Meadow, Misty Moonlight, and Blackberry Bliss what’s not to love? I paired this card with my Dandelion Wishes stamp set and the pretty patterned paper with the Dandelions. My little Dragonfly was punched out of another piece of the patterned paper, but I could also have stamped and punched him using one of the two Dragonfly stamps in the set.
Full list of supplies needed, listed below. A Die Cutting Machine is optional for this project.
Card Base: Bumblebee Cardstock 8 1/2 h” x 5 1/2″ w folded to 4 1/4″ h x 5 1/2″ w.
Background: Whisper White Cardstock 4″ h x 5 1/4″ w with the Subtle Embossing Folder
Background Bottom: Dandy Garden DSP 2″ h x 5 1/4″ w
Sentiment Matte: Bumblebee Cardstock 2 3/4″ h x 4 1/4″ w
Sentiment Layer: Whisper White Cardstock 2 1/2″ h x 4″ w
Inside Layer: Whisper White Cardstock 4″h x 5 1/4″ w
- Affix all stamps to Acrylic Blocks.
- Fold the Card Base in half using a Bone Folder to sharpen the crease.
- Run the Background through the Stampin’ Emboss Machine with the Subtle Embossing Folder
- Add the Background Bottom to the Background with Stampin’ Seal+
- Add the Bumblebee Gingham Ribbon to the Background and attach with Stampin’ Seal+
- Stamp the Dandelions on the Sentiment Layer with Seaside Spray ink and the Sentiment with Misty Moonlight Ink.
- Attach Sentiment to Sentiment Matte with Stampin’ Seal and attach with Dimensionals.
- Punch the Dragonfly from the Dandy Garden DSP and attach with a Dimensional.
- Decorate the Inside Layer and attach.
- Decorate the envelope.
- So pretty! Now send it to a nothern friend Brrr.
Recommended Stamper’s Toolkit
Design inspired by Gail Ellis.