Show how thankful you are with a stunning gate fold Thanks card in bright yellows and pinks using the Hues of Happiness Suite. Make a statement when you stamp the flowers, color in your favorite colors and die cut them out.
Full list of supplies listed below. A die cutting machine is needed for this project.
Basic White Thick Cardstock: 4 ¼” h x 11” w folded to 4 1/4″ h x 5 1/2″ w for Card Base
Basic White Cardstock:
- Scrap: ½” h x 2 ½” w
- 5 1/4″ h x 4″ w
Mango Melody Cardstock Scrap: ¾” h x 3” w
Shimmery White Cardstock: Scraps
Hues of Happiness Designer Series Paper (DSP): 4″ h x 2 ½”w – 2 complementary prints
- Affix all stamps to acrylic blocks.
- Score the Basic White Thick card base at 2 ¾” and 8 ¼”. Fold at score lines and sharpen the score line with a Bone Folder to create the gate fold.
- Stamp the 3 rose images, and 3 sets of leaf clusters with Memento Tuxedo Black Stamp Pad onto Shimmery White card stock. Set this aside to dry.
- Adhere the 2 layers of Hues of Happiness DSP onto the card front flaps.
- Use the Mango Melody Stampin’ Pad to stamp the “thanks” sentiment onto the Basic White scrap. Use scissors to cut diagonal slants on each end.
- Take the Mango Melody card stock scrap and trim it to frame around the “thanks” layer. Attach to the “thanks” layer with Stampin’ Seal.
- Die cut the stamped roses and leaves with a die cutting machine.
- Now color:
- Use the Light So Saffron Stampin’ Blends to color the largest rose. Use the Light Daffodil Delight Stampin’ Blends to fill in with shading.
- Color the center of this rose with the Light Crumb Cake Stampin’ Blends.
- Color the mid-size rose with the Light Flirty Flamingo Stampin’ Blends and use the Dark Flirty Flamingo Stampin’ Blends to add shadow depth.
- Color the tightest rose bloom with the Light Daffodil Delight Stampin’ Blends and the Dark Daffodil Delight Stampin’ Blends to shade the deeper crevices.
- On the die cut leaves use the Light Old Olive Stampin’ Blends and Light Shaded Spruce Stampin’ Blends to create a blended color to complement the leaves in the Hues of Happiness DSP.
- Use Stampin’ Dimensionals to adhere the roses and leaves as a cluster on the right side flap.
- Use Stampin’ Dimensionals to adhere the sentiment onto the left side flap.
- Stamp and decorate the remaining Basic White cardstock and adhere to the inside with Stampin’ Seal.
- Embellish the card front with Opal Rounds.
- Now let’s decorate the envelope! Cut a 1” x 4 ⅜” strip of Hues of Happiness DSP. Adhere this layer onto the front of the envelope with Stampin’ Seal.
- So Pretty! Who do you need to thank today?
Recommended Stamper’s Toolkit
You will also need adhesive, acrylic blocks, scissors and other basic PaperCrafting items from the Stamper’s Toolkit