Yvonne Spikmans, of the Stampin’ Up! 2022 Artisan Design Team was one of the many talented designers who inspired me to get the Apple Harvest Bundle with her original design of this card. She’s way more talented than I am, but I sure had fun trying out this torn strip peekaboo card.
Full list of supplies needed, listed below. A die cutting machine is needed for this card.
Basic White Thick Cardstock:
- 5 1/2″ w x 8 1/2″ h folded to 5 1/2″ w x 4 1/4″ h for the Card Base.
- Scrap for apples and flowers
Basic White Cardstock:
- 3 1/2″ h x 4 1/2″ w
- 3/4″ h x 3 1/2″w
So Saffron Cardstock: scraps for center of flowers.
2022-2023 6″ x 6″ Brights Designer Series Paper (DSP):
- 3 1/2″ h x 5″ w Poppy Parade Pattern 1
- 3 1/4″ h x 3 1/2″ w Poppy Parade Pattern 2
- Affix all stamps to Acrylic Blocks.
- Fold the Card Base in half using a Bone Folder to sharpen the crease.
- Protect your work surface and use Tuxedo Black ink to stamp the apples randomly along the edges of the card base front.
- Carefully create two small tears about 2″ apart in the short edge of the 3 1/2″ h x 4 1/2″ w Basic White Cardstock. Then slowly work the two tears until they are each about 3″ long. Next flatten the torn flap and carefully roll it back on itself and secure with a Mini Glue Dot.
- Use Stampin’ Seal to attach the DSP pattern 2 onto the left edge of DSP pattern 1 with Stampin’ Seal.
- Use Stampin’ Dimensionals to attach the torn Basic White panel to the left edge of the DSP layer. Pattern 2 should show through the torn area and Pattern 1 should show on the right edge.
- Use Stampin’ Dimensionals to attach the DSP and torn panel to the front of the Card Base.
- Stamp sentiment in Poppy Parade ink on the 3/4″ h x 3 1/2″w Basic White Cardstock layer and trim the ends with the Lovely Labels Pick A Punch. Attach to the torn layer with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Use Tuxedo Black ink to stamp the whole apple on Basic White Thick scrap. Then use Poppy Parade, Granny Apple Green and Light Soft Suede to color the apple. Die cut out and attach to the card with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Die cut three flowers from Basic White Thick scrap and three flower centers from So Saffron scrap cardstock.
- Use dark Petal Pink Stampin’ Blend to color the center of the flowers and then use Multipurpose Liquid Glue to attach the So Saffron flower centers. Attach using Mini Glue Dots.
- Tie a bow with Sweet Sorbet twine and attach with a Mini Glue Dot.
- Sprinkle on the Solid Faceted Gems
- Stamp and decorate the inside.
- Decorate your envelope.
- Squeal! Now send it to someone special.