What is it about umbrellas? They’re just begging for some pretty patterned paper. And did you notice the background paper looks like rain drops? The Pleased As Punch Designer Series Paper was created around 4 punches – umbrella builder, hearts, tulips and small blooms punches! So basically you can use the punches to cut out the images in the paper for some fun and infinite possibilities for your cards!
The paper made this card super easy to make. The only stamps are the sentiment and umbrella handles. The rest is all punched or cut paper. I know right? So fun. I like how some of the umbrella lines are printed right on the paper and the prints are super fun. Unfortunately, the Pleased as Punch paper is no longer available, but any Designer Series Paper would work – especially the Best Dressed pack available through 5/31/20.
- Card Base: Thick Whisper White cardstock 8.5 h” x 5.5″ w folded to 4.25″ w x 5.5″ h
- Patterned Paper: Raindrop (or other pattern) Designer Series Paper 4″ w x 5.25″ h
- Larger White Rectangle: Whisper White cardstock 3.25″ w x 4.5″ h
- Smaller White Rectangle: Whisper White cardstock 3″ w x 4″ h
- Fold the card base using a bone folder to sharpen the crease.
- Apply Snail Adhesive to the back of the Designer Series Paper and adhere to the front of the card base.
- Apply Snail Adhesive to the back of the larger white rectangle and adhere to the Designer Series Paper
- Affix sentiment to the acrylic block, apply Ink to the sentiment and stamp image on the lower right corner of the smaller white rectangle, as shown
- Apply Dimensionals to the back of the smaller white rectangle and adhere to the larger white rectangle.
- Either punch the umbrella handles out of the designer series paper with the Umbrella Builder Punch or affix umbrella handle to the acrylic block, apply ink to the umbrella handle image and stamp two umbrella handles on scrap cardstock. Punch the handles out using the Umbrella Builder Punch.
- Punch two umbrellas from the designer Series Paper, apply Dimensionals and adhere to the smaller white rectangle.
- Apply adhesive to the two umbrella handles and adhere to the smaller white rectangle.
- Cut a 8″ piece of baker’s twine and create a bow. Adhere to the umbrella with a glue dot.
- Add Epoxy Droplets, as shown.
- That’s it!