Create a beautiful background in minutes using the Soft Pastels. Keep reading for details on this technique.
Full list of supplies needed, listed below. A die cutting machine is needed for this card.
Card Base Coastal Cabana 8 ½” x 5 ½”, scored at 4 ¼”
Inside Layer Basic White 4” x 5 ¼”
Top Layer Basic White 4” x 5 ¼”
2’ Organdy RIbbon
3 Glossy Dot gems
- Cut Card Base Coastal Cabana 8 ½” x 5 ½”, score at 4 ¼”
- Cut Inside Layer Basic White 4” x 5 ¼”
- Cut Top Layer Basic White 4” x 5 ¼”
- Adhere inside layer. Optional – stamp one of the leaves in the corner in Versamark and add coordinating color of Soft Pastels. Use your finger to run the pastels in to the ink and paper.
- Stamp leaves in a pattern along the bottom of the top layer, using Versamark.
- Use side of pastel stick to add color. Going from left to right, add a little of the yellow (Daffodil Delight), then the green (Granny Apple Green), then the Coastal Cabana. Repeat. Add a skinny layer of Daffodil Delight color along the top of the leaves. Use your finger to rub the pastels into the ink and paper. Clean your finger of residue before moving on to the next color.
- Stamp sentiment in upper right corner.
- Wrap ribbon around this layer and tie a bow.
- Adhere layer to card front. Sprinkle on a few gems.