It’s that time of year again! Apple picking time! Some of my favorite memories of Logan’s childhood are from apple picking in the fall. Here’s a simple card inspired by the ’23-’24 Annual Catalog. What will you make with this layout?
Full list of supplies needed, listed below. A die cutting machine is needed for this card.
Crumb Cake Cardstock: 5 1/2″ h x 8 1/2″ w folded to 5 1/2″ h x 4 1/4″ w
Cherry Cobbler Cardstock: 1/2″ h x 4″ w
Basic White Cardstock:
- 3″ x 3″
- scrap for Apple
- 1/2″ h x 3 1/2″ w
- 5 1/4″ h x 4″ w
Zoo Crew Designer Series Paper (DSP): 4 1/2″ h x 4 1/4″ w
- Affix all stamps to Acrylic Blocks.
- Fold the Card Base in half using a Bone Folder to sharpen the crease.
- Trim the top of the DSP to create an angle. I put mine in the Paper Trimmer at an angle I liked and cut it. Easy peasy. Use Stampin’ Seal to attach panel to the card base.
- Attach the Cherry Cobbler strip along the angled side of the DSP, extending beyond the card base on both sides. Then use Paper Snips to trim the Cherry Cobbler along the edge of the card base.
- Stamp the cross hatch in Tuxedo Black Memento ink on the Basic White square.
- Wrap a piece of Real Red Ribbon around the stamped square and tie a bow.
- Stamp the apple on Basic White scrap in Tuxedo Black Memento ink. Color in with Watercolor Pencils. I used Cherry Cobbler, Real Red, Old Olive and Early Espresso. Then I used a Blender Pen to blend and smooth the strokes. Use the Apple Blossoms Dies (on clearance) to die cut the apple or use Paper Snips to fussy cut. Attach the apple to the stamp Basic White panel with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Stamp the sentiment in Cherry Cobbler ink on the Basic White strip. Attach with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Sprinkle on the black Classic Matte Dots.
- Stamp and decorate the inside and attach with Stampin’ Seal.
- Decorate your envelope.
- So fun! Now send it to someone special.