Chickadees are such cute happy little birds! I’m no great artist, but I sure did have fun coloring these guys. The Free as a Bird stamp set provides the canvas and Stampin’ Blends alcohol markers do the heavy lifting for the focal point of this pretty card.
Full list of supplies needed, listed below. A die cutting machine is needed for this card.
Card Base: Crumb Cake Cardstock 8 1/2″ h x 5 1/2″ w folded to 4 1/4″ h x 5 1/2″ w
Background Matte: Basic White Cardstock 4 7/8″ h x 3 5/8″ w
Background: Fine Art Designer Series Paper 3 1/2″h x 4 3/4″ w
Sentiment Layer: Basic White Cardstock die cut with the 1 3/4″ h x 3 5/8″ w Stitched Rectangle Die
Inside Layer: Basic White Cardstock 4″ h x 5 1/4″ w
- Affix all stamps to Acrylic Blocks.
- Fold the Card Base in half using a Bone Folder to sharpen the crease.
- Using the adhesive of your choice, attach the Background to the Background Matte and then attach them to the Card Base.
- Die cut the Sentiment with the Stitched Rectangle Die and Stamp in Bumblebee Ink.
- Cut two lengths of Linen Thread about 8″ long. Wrap around the Sentiment and tie a double bow, before attaching with Stampin’ Dimensionals
- Stamp the Birds on a Branch and 4 Small Flowers on Scrap Thick Basic White Cardstock and color with Stampin’ Blends. These are the colors I used:
- Birds: Crumb Cake and Smoky Slate Light and Dark
- Branch: Soft Suede Light
- Leaves: Old Olive Light
- Flowers: Mango Melody Light
- Buds: So Saffron Light
- Use Paper Snips to fussy cut the Birds on the Branch and the Small Flowers.
- Use Stampin’ Dimensionals to attach to the Sentiment Layer.
- So cute! Put it in the mail.
You will also need adhesive, acrylic blocks, scissors and other basic PaperCrafting items from the Stamper’s Toolkit