What’s wrong with this picture? Yup, you got it. I stamped my sentiment upside down and crooked! Ugh. This is exactly why I seldom stamp my sentiment on the card. Even if I stamp it right-side up, I am most likely going to stamp it crooked, so I usually stamp on scrap paper and either die cut or go with an easy rectangle. Most of the time, it takes two or three tries to get those sentiments right. I made a quick fix for this one though and created a cute little tag with a pop of color behind it and now you wouldn’t even know I made the mistake… except now you’re looking. LOL.
Full list of supplies needed, listed below. A die cutting machine is needed for this card.
Gorgeous Grape Cardstock: 8 1/2″ h x 5 1/2″ w scored and folded on the long-side at 4 1/4″ for the Card Base.
Basic White Cardstock:
- 3 1/4″ h x 4 3/4″ w
- scrap for tag
- 4″ h x 5 1/4″ w
Basic Black Cardstock: scrap for haunted house and bats.
Parakeet Party Cardstock: 1/2″ h x 2 1/4″ w
Black & White Designs Designer Series Paper (DSP):
- 4″ h x 5 1/4″ w
- Scrap for spooky frame
- Affix all stamps to Acrylic Blocks.
- Fold the Card Base in half using a Bone Folder to sharpen the crease.
- Attach the 4″ h x 5 1/4″ w DSP to the Card Base with Stampin’ Seal.
- Lift some color off the Gorgeous Grape ink pad with an acrylic block. Then use a Blending Brush to pick up some ink from the blog and in a circular motion, apply some color to the bottom half of the 3 1/4″ h x 4 3/4″ w Basic White Cardstock.
- In the lower right corner stamp the three trick or treaters in Tuxedo Black ink.
- On scrap white cardstock, stamp the Sentiment in Gorgeous Grape ink.
- Die cut:
- The basic white sentiment frame.
- The spooky frame with the DSP.
- The bats and haunted house in Basic Black.
- Arrange the house, frame, and sentiment on the Card Base.
- First attach the spooky frame with Stampin Dimensionals. Then add some Stampin’ Seal to the back of the house and attach in inside the spooky frame.
- Next use Stampin’ Seal to attach the Parakeet Party strip to the back of the Sentiment Tag with Stampin’ Seal and attach both layers to the card with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Use Multipurpose glue to add some bats.
- Sprinkle on the black Classic Matte Dots.
- Stamp and decorate the inside and attach with Stampin’ Seal.
- Decorate your envelope.
- So cute! Now send it to someone special.