With black and white paper and a little ink, you can create your own colored pattern paper! I added Flirty Flamingo, Melon Mambo and Magenta Madness using a brayer and some sponge daubers (one for each color) to the colorful strip on this card. And then I stamped the hearts and heart outlines in Real Red. Voila! A pretty piece of paper ready to turn into a card.
Full list of supplies needed, listed below. A die cutting machine is needed for this card.
Card Base: Basic White Thick Cardstock 8 1/2 h” x 5 1/2″ w folded to 5 1/2″ h x 4 1/4″ w.
Background: Basic White Cardstock 5 1/4″ h x 4″ w
Striped Layer: True Love DSP 5 1/4″ h x 3″ w
Hearts and Dots Layer: True Love DSP 5 1/4″ h x 2 1/2″ w
Sentiment Layer: Basic White Cardstock scrap
Inside Layer: Whisper White Cardstock 5 1/4″ h x 4″ w
- Affix all stamps to Acrylic Blocks.
- Fold the Card Base in half using a Bone Folder to sharpen the crease.
- Run the Background through the Stampin’ Cut and Emboss Machine with the Scripty Embossing Folder.
- Create the Background Splatters:
- Place the Embossed Background onto a piece of scrap paper or into a box to protect your work surface.
- Use an Acrylic Block to pick up some Magenta Madness ink.
- Fill the barrel of the Medium Water Painter with water.
- Add a few drops to the inked block by squeezing the Water Painter over the inked block and stir to thin the ink.
- Hold your inked Water Painter positioned parallel about 3-6″ above the Background.
- Place your other hand below the Water Painter and tap the Water Painter on your other hand and splatters will end up on your Background. Repeat moving your hand around until you have enough splatters on your Background.
- Repeat #2-6 using Tuxedo Black.
- Attach Background using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Color the DSP:
- Cut your Heart and Dots Layer from True Love DSP 5 1/4″ h x 2 1/2″ w
- Protect your work surface by placing your Hearts and Dots Layer on scrap or grid paper.
- Add color to your Layer starting with the lightest color first.
- With a Sponge Brayer, lay some Flirty Flamingo down on your Layer.
- Next use a Sponge Dauber to swipe Melon Mambo in areas of the Layer.
- Lastly use a Sponge Dauber to swipe Magenta Madness in areas of the Layer.
- Once you have the Layer colored to your satisfaction, stamp the Hearts and Hearts Outlines in a random pattern using Real Red ink.
- Attach the Hearts and Dots Layer to the Striped Layer using Stampin’ Seal and attach the Embossed Background Layer using Stampin’ Seal+ or Tear & Tape.
- Wrap the Background Layer twice around with Linen Thread, add a Heart Charm and tie a bow.
- Stamp the Sentiment on Basic White Cardstock scrap with Tuxedo Black ink and Die Cut.
- Attach the Sentiment with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Add more Heart Charms with Fine Tip Glue.
- Decorate the Inside Layer and attach.
- Decorate the envelope.
- Lovely! Who will you send it to?
You will also need adhesive, acrylic blocks, scissors and other basic PaperCrafting items from the Stamper’s Toolkit