I just love the delicate Vellum Butterfly and Vellum layer on this card designed by Ronda Wade. I had to make it. I am sad to see the Peaceful Poppies Designer Series paper retiring in a few weeks, but was so happy to use this gorgeous piece with Pool Party, Old Olive, Poppy Parade and Rich Razzleberry flowers on it. The Royal Peacock Rhinestones really dress up the already pretty butterflies.
Full list of supplies needed, listed below. You will need a Die Cutting Machine for this project.
Card Base: Poppy Parade 8 1/2 h” x 5 1/2″ w folded to 4 1/4″ w x 5 1/2″ h
Inside Layer: Whisper White cardstock 5 1/4″ h x 4″ w
Decorative Layer: Peaceful Poppies Designer Series Paper 5 1/4″ h x 2″ w
Vellum: Vellum Cardstock 4 3/4″ h x 3 3/4″ w
Sentiment Background: 4″ h x 3″ w
Sentiment Layer: 3 3/4″h x 2 3/4″ w
- Affix all stamps to Acrylic Blocks
- Fold the Card Base in half using a Bone Folder to sharpen the crease
- Use Snail Adhesive to adhere the Inside Layer.
- Fold the front of the Card Base back on itself using a Bone Folder to sharpen the crease and Snail Adhesive to adhere the flap down.
- Use Snail Adhesive to adhere the Decorative Layer to the Front Flap.
- Apply Snail Adhesive to the Front Flap and affix Vellum to the Flap.
- Use Snail Adhesive to adhere the left side of the Sentiment Background to the Vellum.
- Stamp the Sentiment with Pool Party Ink to the bottom of the Sentiment Layer and use Snail Adhesive to adhere to the Sentiment Background.
- Use the Butterfly Duet Punch to make two Large Butterflies – one from Peaceful Poppies DSP and one from Vellum, and one Small Butterfly from coordinating piece of Peaceful Poppies DSP.
- Use Mini Glue Dots to stack the three Butterflies together.
- Affix Rhinestones to the body of the small butterfly and fluff all of the wing layers.
- Beautiful! Who will you send it to?
Recommended Stamper’s Tool Kit
Card design inspired by Ronda Wade.