Another one of my favorite white on white cards! And I just love this sentiment! Use the large card base die with some embossing paste to make an interesting 3-D textured background for this simple, elegant card.
Full list of supplies needed, listed below. A die cutting machine is needed for this card.
Card Base: Basic White Thick Cardstock 5 1/2″ h x 8 1/2″ w folded to 5 1/2″ h x 4 1/4″ w
Background Mask: Basic White Thick Cardstock scrap die cut to 5 1/2″ h x 4 1/4″ w
Textured Background: Basic White Thick Cardstock scrap trimmed to 5 1/2″ h x 4 1/4″ w
Decorative Succulents: Soft Sea Foam and Old Olive Cardstock scraps
Sentiment Layer: Bumble Bee Cardstock scrap
- Affix all stamps to Acrylic Blocks.
- Fold the Card Base in half using a Bone Folder to sharpen the crease.
- Run the Background Mask through the Stampin’ Cut & Emboss machine with the Card Base Die. This will be used as your Mask to create your Textured Background.
- To make the Textured Background:
- Protect your work surface.
- Place your Textured Background layer onto the center of your work surface.
- Lay the Background Mask over top, lining up the edges. Use sticky notes to hold in place, if needed.
- Use a plastic knife to scoop some Embossing Paste over top of the Background Mask.
- Spread is out over the Background Mask with the straight edge of the knife, being careful to fill in the holes,
- Hold the knife parallel to the Background Mask, scrape off excess and return to Embossing Paste pot.
- Gently remove the Background Mask and allow the Textured Background to dry. You can use a Heat Tool on low setting to speed up the process.
- To make the Embossed Sentiment:
- If you have an Embossing Buddy or cornstarch pouch, pounce it over your Bumble Bee Cardstock to release the surface static.
- Use Versamark Ink to stamp your sentiment on the Bumble Bee Cardstock
- Sprinkle with White Embossing Powder
- Use a Heat Tool on the high setting to heat set the Sentiment.
- Die cut with the pretty stitched label die
- To make the Succulents:
- Die cut the 2 pointy Succulents from Soft Sea Foam Cardstock and 3 bubbly Succulents from Old Olive Cardstock scraps
- Use Old Olive and Garden Green Watercolor pencils to add texture to the Die Cut Succulents
- Once dry, use Stampin’ Dimensionals to attach the Textured Background to the Card Base.
- Use Mini Glue Dots to attach the Succulents to the back of your sentiment.
- Use lots of Stampin’ Dimensionals to attach the Sentiment to the Textured Background.
- Tie a bow with Linen Thread and attach with Mini Glue Dots
- Simple and elegant! Love it! Who will you send it to?
You will also need adhesive, acrylic blocks, scissors and other basic PaperCrafting items from the Stamper’s Toolkit