Send beautiful Best Wishes and get your coloring fix with the stunning roses in the Cottage Rose bundle. This card uses a rich color palette of very vanilla, old olive and rich razzleberry, but you can change it up to suit your tastes. Color coordination is made easy with the Stampin’ Up! Color Families – Regals, Brights, Subtles or Neutral. You pick!
Full list of supplies needed, listed below. A die cutting machine is needed for this card.
Very Vanilla Thick Cardstock:
- 11” h x 4 ¼” w (score at 5 ½”) for Card Base
- ~5 ½” x 3 ½” scrap for stamping and die cutting flowers
Basic Black Cardstock:
- 5 ¼” h x 4” w
- 4 ¼” h x 2 ¼” w
- 5” h x 3 ¾” w
- 4 ¼” h x 2 ⅛” w
- 3″ w x 1 ¼” h scrap for sentiment
- 5 ¼” h x 4” w for inside
- Affix all stamps to Acrylic Blocks.
- Fold the Card Base in half using a Bone Folder to sharpen the crease.
- Using Sahara Sand Ink Pad and stamps from the Cottage Rose Stamp set, randomly create a background on the 5 ¼” x 4” Very Vanilla panel.
- Flag the bottom edge of the 4 ¼” x 2 ⅛” Very Vanilla. An easy way to do this is to find the center (just over 1”) and make a slit about ¾” up. Cut from each bottom corner up to the slit. This will give you even tails on your flag. Emboss this piece using the Fern 3D Embossing Folder. Adhere to the Basic Black 4 ¼” x 2 ¼” layer with the top edges even. Flag the bottom of the Basic Black panel.
- Stamp the large floral image, the smaller flower and 2 sets of leaves onto the Very Vanilla Thick Cardstock 5 ½” x 3 ½” scrap using Black Memento Ink Pad. Color these images using Stampin’ Blends. I used Rich Razzleberry, Old Olive and Daffodil Delight. Then die cut these images using the Cottage Flower Dies.
- Using Black Memento Ink Pad, stamp the sentiment and die cut using the smallest rectangle in the Deckled Rectangles Die Set.
- Use Stampin’ Seal to adhere:
- the 5 ¼” h x 4” w Basic Black Layer to your folded Very Vanilla card base
- your stamped Very Vanilla background layer.
- the “flag” layers toward the left side of your card lining up the top edge with the Very Vanilla background layer.
- Use Stampin’ Dimensionals to adhere:
- your flowers using Stampin’ Dimensionals, placing leaves to fill in where you like.
- the sentiment being careful not to use Dimensionals where the sentiment overlaps the flag layers. Instead use a little Multipurpose Glue in that area.
- Embellish with 3 Iridescent Rhinestone Basic Jewels.
- Stamp and decorate the inside and attach with Stampin’ Seal.
- Decorate your envelope.
- So pretty! Who will you send it to?