The solitary Poppy is stunning against a yellow watercolor background surrounded by bright colors. I combined three stamp sets and the Lovely Label Pick a Punch from my stash to whip up this cute card. The Pattern Party exclusive Host Designer Series Paper rounded out the fun with the colorful hearts background. This is my first time using the Watercolor Shapes Stamp Set and I feel like we’ll be seeing a lot more of them in the coming months. Such a simple way to add interest to a layer while still keeping the card light.
Full list of supplies needed, listed below. A die cutting machine is needed for this card.
Card Base: Granny Apple Green Cardstock 5 1/2″ h x 8 1/2″ w folded to 5 1/2″ h x 4 1/4″ w
Background: Pattern Party Host Designer Series Paper 5″ h x 3 3/4″ w
Decorative Layer: Pacific Point Cardstock 4″ h x 3″ w
Stamped Layer: Basic White Thick Cardstock 3 1/2″ h x 2 1/2″ w
Sentiment Layer: Basic White 1″ h x trimmed to 3 3/4″ w with the Lovely Labels Pick a Punch
Inside (optional): Basic White Cardstock 5 1/4″ h x 4″ w
- Affix all stamps to Acrylic Blocks.
- Fold the Card Base in half using a Bone Folder to sharpen the crease.
- Using the adhesive of your choice, attach the Pattern Party Background to the Card Base.
- On the Basic White Stamped Layer, us So Saffron to stamp the Large Rectangle from the Watercolor Shapes Stamp set and then use the Tuxedo Black Memento Ink to stamp the Poppy on top of the Large Rectangle.
- Use the adhesive of your choice to attach the Basic White Stamped Layer to the Pacific Point Decorative Layer – off setting at a but of an angle – then attach both to the Pattern Party Background Layer.
- Stamp the Lovely You Sentiment in Pacific Point Ink on a 1″ tall scrap of Basic White Cardstock and then trim up the ends to your desired width using the Lovely Labels Pick a Punch.
- Attach your Sentiment with Stampin Dimensionals.
- Sprinkle some Rhinestones colored with the Granny Apple Green Dark Stampin’ Blends Alcohol Marker.
- Stamp your inside sentiment and attach (optional)
- Super cute! Make someone’s day and send it!
You will also need adhesive, acrylic blocks, scissors and other basic PaperCrafting items from the Stamper’s Toolkit