Make a quick and easy card using an outline image from patterned paper, like on this card, or stamped in black ink. Simply use a light color to highlight a section of the image for a spotlight affect.
Full list of supplies needed, listed below. A die cutting machine is needed for this card.
Fresh Freesia Cardstock: 8 ½” x 5 ½”, score at 4 ¼” for Card Base
Basic White Cardstock:
- 4” x 5 ¼” (2)
- ~4″ square scrap for circle mask
Perfectly Penciled Designer Series Paper (DSP): 3 ¾” x 5”
Basic Black Cardstock: 3 ¾” x 1”
- Affix all stamps to Acrylic Blocks.
- Fold the Card Base in half using a Bone Folder to sharpen the crease.
- Use Stampin’ Seal to adhere one of the 4” x 5 ¼” Basic White layers to the Card Base.
- Create Spotlight:
- Find an area of the DSP that you want to spotlight- maybe a bird, butterfly, or flower.
- Locate a circle die larger than the selected spotlight image.
- Die cut a cirecle from the center of a piece of 4″ Basic White scrap.
- Place the die cut circle over the selected image and use a sponge dauber or blending brush in a circular motion to apply ink to the circle mask.
- Gradually build up layers of color until your desired color is reached.
- Remove the circle mask.
- Adhere the DSP to the white layer with Stampin’ Seal.
- Emboss the Sentiment
- Wipe the Basic Black cardstock with the embossing buddy.
- Stamp the sentiment in Versamark.
- Sprinkle Basic White embossing powder over the Powder Pal tray to catch the extra powder.
- Wipe away extra white dots on the cardstock with the Crafting Brush.
- Use the Crafting Tweezers to hold the paper while you heat the sentiment with the Heat Tool.
- Adhere sentiment to card front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Add sparkle to your spotlighted image with Wink-of-Stella.
- Add an Iridescent Rhinestone to your focal image.
- Stamp and decorate the remaining 4” x 5 ¼” Basic White layer for the inside and attach with Stampin’ Seal.
- Decorate your envelope.
- Such a fun, simple card! Now send it to someone special.