The Scalloped Contour Dies and Sweet Symmetry Designer Series Paper do the heavy lifting on this uplifting, colorful card! Sometimes I just like to let the Stampin’ Up! Designers take me where they want to go and that’s exactly what I did here. Each paper pack comes with a list of the colors used. I opened the Sweet Symmetry DSP, chose the piece I wanted to use and then consulted the list of colors on the package to match my inks, cardstock, ribbon and other pieces. I love the coordination of Stampin’ Up! products! It makes cards like this come together in a jiffy.
Full list of supplies needed, listed below. A die cutting machine is needed for this card.
Card Base: Night of Navy Cardstock 5 1/2″ h x 5 3/4″ w scored and folded at 1 1/2″ for 5 1/2″ h x 4 1/4″ w
Front Scalloped Layer (2): Sweet Symmetry DSP AND Bumble Bee Cardstock trimmed with the 4 1/4″ h x 3″ w Scalloped Contour Die and adhered together
Sentiment: Basic White Cardstock 1″ h x 2 1/2″ w
Inside Large Scalloped Layer: Sweet Symmetry DSP trimmed with the 5 1/4″ h x 4″ w Scalloped Contour Die
Inside Layer: Basic White Cardstock trimmed with the 4 1/4″ h x 3″ w Scalloped Contour Die and adhered behind the Bumble Bee from the front of the same shape.
- Affix all stamps to Acrylic Blocks.
- Fold the Card Base in half using a Bone Folder to sharpen the crease.
- On the patterned Front Scalloped Layer, stamp the tall flower in Night of Navy Ink.
- Adhere the two Front Scalloped Layers together and attach to the 1 1/2″ Card Base Strip on the the front of the card with Stampin’ Dimensionals. Be careful where you put your adhesive! You only have that little 1 1/2″ Strip to adhere to.
- Stamp the Sentiment to the right side of the Sentiment layer. Wrap Bumble Bee Ribbon around the left side and tie a knot.
- Attach the Sentiment to the card front using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Inside, attach the Inside Large Scalloped Layer with the adhesive of your choice.
- Stamp the inside sentiment on the Inside Layer and carefully position the Inside Layer behind the Front Scalloped Layers so when the card is closed you won’t see the Inside Layer. Attach with adhesive of your choice.
- Decorate your envelope!
- Lovely!! Go put it in the mail!
You will also need adhesive, acrylic blocks, scissors and other basic PaperCrafting items from the Stamper’s Toolkit