A rainbow of colors and watermelon are perfect for summer. Here in Florida it is rare if we don’t see a rainbow every day. We get such swift and severe storms in the afternoon that it can be pouring in front of us and sunny behind us- the exact conditions needed for a rainbow. Thank you 7th grade science fair project for that fun fact. LOL. Had so much fun creating this card with my friend Kim and her Cute Fruit Stamp Set.
Full list of supplies needed, listed below. A die cutting machine is needed for this card.
Card Base: Whisper White Thick Cardstock 8 1/2 h” x 5 1/2″ w folded to 5 1/2″ h x 4 1/4″ w.
Background: Whisper White Cardstock 5 1/4 h x 3 3/4″ w
Background Strips: Coordinating colors 3/4″ h x 3 3/4″ w cut 6
For the card shown: Magenta Madness, Mango Melody, Bumble Bee, Just Jade, Bermuda Bay & Misty Moonlight.
Sentiment Layer: Whisper White Cardstock 2 1/4″ Layer Circle Die
- Affix all stamps to Acrylic Blocks.
- Fold the Card Base in half using a Bone Folder to sharpen the crease.
- Use Stampin’ Seal to adhere the Background Strips to the Background, leaving 1/4″ of Whisper White at top and bottom. Trim the left and right edges, as needed.
- Adhere the Background using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Stamp the Sentiment on the Sentiment Layer in Tuxedo Black Memento Ink and attach with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- On scrap Whisper White Cardstock Stamp Off the Rind using Just Jade and the Melon using Magenta Madness. To Stamp Off, ink the stamp and then stamp it on scrap paper before stamping on the cardstock. This makes a lighter shade of the color.
- Attach the Melon to the Sentiment Layer with Stampin’ Seal.
- So cute! Put it in the mail. Now.
Design inspired by Allison Okamitsu.