Use these beautiful florals on your handmade cards and watch the smiles bloom! Add a sentiment from the Dainty Delight stamp set or one from your stash.
Little flowers send a big message when you use this Dainty Delight Stamp Set. Sure, they’re dainty, but they’ll send a powerful message of hope, thanks, celebration, and more on all your paper crafting projects. Use these beautiful florals on your handmade cards and watch the smiles bloom! The line art images can be custom colored using your favorite Stampin’ Up! coloring technique. Stamp a single stem for a clean, minimalist look, or mix and match the images for a lovely field of dainty delights—no matter how you style them, you can’t go wrong with these delicate beauties!
Make quick work of cutting out delicate floral images with these Dainty Delight Dies. Add these die-cut images to your handmade cards and wow everyone as they wonder just how you managed to get such perfect, delicate, and detailed floral cutouts (thank you, dainty dies!). Die cut the images then use your favorite coloring technique to customize and make each flower a unique work of art, just like nature intended!
Full list of supplies needed, listed below. A die cutting machine is needed for this card.
Card base – Basic White Cardstock:
5 ½” x 8 ½” scored at 4 ¼”
Scraps for stamping and die cutting
Gorgeous Grape: Cardstock 4” x 5 ¼”
Scrap for die cutting
Perennial Lavender Designer Series Paper (DSP)– stalks of lavender pattern: 3 ½” x 5”
- Affix all stamps to acrylic blocks.
- Fold and burnish card base at the score line using bone folder.
- Using your trimmer, cut the piece of dsp at 2”. Take that piece and set aside. Using the remaining piece of dsp cut at 1”. That will leave ½”. Keep the dsp in the order it was cut so that the pattern is continuous.
- Add the 2”piece of Perennial Lavender dsp to the left side of the Gorgeous Grape panel. Glue the ½” piece of dsp to the right hand side of the Gorgeous Grape panel making sure the spacing is the same as the panel on the left..
- Attach the 1” piece of dsp in the center between the other 2 strips making sure the spacing side to side is even and the top and bottom are even with the other 2 strips.
- Add the panel from Step 5 to the card front making sure it is centered on all sides.
- Stamp the top of the largest flower stem using Memento Tuxedo black ink onto a scrap of White.
- Use blends and markers to color the stamped image as below.
- Flowers – Highland Heather blend
- Buds – Gorgeous Grape marker
- Leaves – Shaded Spruce blend
- With the next to the largest circle die from Stylish Shapes die cut the top of the stamped image.
- Use the largest circle die and the scrap of Gorgeous Grape to cut out the circle.
- Layer the 2 circles centering the inside one
- With a scrap of White cut out large curved leaf spray. Use glue to add the spray to the left side of the card front. See photo above.
- Use dimensionals to add the circle element from Step 11 to the card front nested in the center of the leaf spray added to the card front in Step 12. See photo above.
- Use the same coloring procedure and largest flower stem to stamp and decorate the inside of the card and envelope.