As usual, Sandy McCullough made the most beautiful card! This time she used the Dandy Garden Suite. I couldn’t wait to make it! She used Bumblebee and gold on her original card, so I thought I’d change it up a bit with Calypso Coral. (I think she later made another one with Calypso Coral too). I like the simplicity of it, without being boring. The little swarm of dragonflies stamp adds some wonderful interest to the background without being overbearing and I found the tall Black-eyed Susan stamp to be oddly refreshing in it’s shape and style. And you really can’t go wrong with a vellum Dragonfly can you?
Full list of supplies needed, listed below. A die cutting machine is optional for this card.
Card Base: Whisper White Thick Cardstock 8 1/2 h” x 5 1/2″ w folded to 5 1/2″ h x 4 1/4″ w
Background: Whisper White Cardstock 5 1/4″″ h x 4″ w with the Tasteful Textures Embossing Folder (optional)
Decorative Layer: Dandy Garden DSP 5 1/4″ h x 2″ w
Decorative Layer Matte: Calypso Coral Cardstock 5 1/4″ h x 2 1/2″ w
Sentiment Layer: Whisper White Cardstock 3/4″ h x 1 3/4″ w
Sentiment Matte: Calypso Coral Cardstock 1″h x 1 3/4″ w
- Affix all stamps to Acrylic Blocks.
- Fold the Card Base in half using a Bone Folder to sharpen the crease.
- Stamp the Dragonfly on Vellum Cardstock with Memento Black ink an set aside to dry.
- Stamp the Dragonfly Swarm in Calypso Coral Ink on the Background and then run it through the Tasteful Textiles Embossing Folder and attach to card with Stampin’ Seal.
- For the Decorative Layer, choose a piece of Designer Series Paper that has a slight pattern to it, but isn’t so busy your stamped image will get lost. Then, stamp the Black-Eye Susan in Tuxedo Black Memento ink on the DSP strip and attach to the Decorative Matte Layer with Stampin’ Seal.
- Add the Decorative Matte Layer with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Stamp the Sentiment on the Sentiment Layer and then stamp off to add the Dragonfly Swarm to the Sentiment Layer. Attach to the Sentiment Matte with Stampin’ Seal.
- Stamping Off is the technique of inking your stamp and then first stamping on scrap paper to remove some ink before stamping on the project. This creates a lighter shade of the ink. You can Stamp Off multiple times for a lighter watermarked effect. Have fun with it!
- Add the Sentiment Matte with Stampin’ Seal on the left and a Dimensional on the right.
- Punch the Dragonfly you stamped on the Vellum Cardstock and adhere using Mini Glue Dots. Be careful where you place the Glue Dots because they will show through. I added two to the head and body because when I added just one it showed through and looked weird.
- Decorate the Inside Layer and attach.
- Decorate the envelope.
- Very pretty! Who will you send it to?
Recommended Stamper’s Toolkit
Design inspired by Sandy McCullough.